Information about the smart dog
Dogs. A man’s best friend. The thing is that we are always wondering how Smart dogs really are. We know that they can learn tricks and that they can follow their owners everywhere. But, we are wondering if this is where it ends. Which dog is the smartest to adopt? And, how can you make your dog even smarter than what it is?
These are questions that we are all asking. If you are a dog lover or a dog owner, you might find all this information really helpful. Here is everything that you need to know about smart dogs. This is information that you might already know, and some information that you might find interesting and that you didn’t know about dogs.
Are dogs smarter than cats?
An interesting question. Cat lovers might immediately say that cats are smarter than dogs. On the other hand, dog owners will say that dogs are smarter than cats. But, what are the real answer? The true answer?
If you are asking people on the street, who is smarter cats or dogs, the common answer is going to be this: Cats are smarter, because they can clean themselves, they know how to use the litter box and they will always find their way homes
However, if you are looking at scientific proof, then you will realize that dogs are twice as smart as cats. Why? Because dog brains have twice the number of neurons in their cerebral cortexes than cats. Meaning that dogs have a much larger brain than cats. This is proven more than once, so you can take our word for it. Dogs are indeed smarter than cats.
What are the smartest dog breeds
When you are looking at the different dog breeds, you might wonder which dogs are the smartest and which aren’t really smart. We see lots of different dog breeds on television advertisements, and we automatically think that they are the smartest dog breeds. However, this isn’t always the case. They might be intelligent and is able to learn a couple of tricks, but this doesn’t make them smarter than the rest.
There was a study done recently about the different dog breeds to find out which dog breeds are smarter than other breeds. The answer was quite interesting. These are the top 5 smartest dog breeds that you can find.
• Border collie. This is the working dog that you will find on farms. They aren’t just playing with the farm animals. They are really making sure that the animals are staying together and safe. They are energetic, affectionate and smart. A definite smart dog breed.
• Poodles. They are one of the top seven most preferred dog breeds in the world. And, with good reason. This is because they are really smart dogs. They are learning a lot faster than other dog breeds, and this is why they are used in so many circus acts. They are able to learn more than one trick, and they are learning these tricks really fast.
• German Shephard. This isn’t really a surprise. This is another working dog that is really smart. They are easily trainable and loyal. This is just one of the reasons why they are known as police dogs. If you are looking at popularity, they are the second most popular dogs in the world. Because they are courageous, confident, and smart. They are known as police dogs, but they are also really great family dogs that will protect their families with their lives.
• Golden retriever. The Golden retriever is the dog that is used in most advertisements. And, this is why people think that they are the smartest breed. Even if they are really smart, they aren’t the number one breed for being the smartest dog. They are easy to learn and they are taking their jobs to heart. Everything that they are doing, they are giving it their all. Especially, to their owners that they truly love.
• Labrador retriever. People are getting confused between the golden retriever and the Labrador retriever. Even, if they are both smart, the Labrador retriever is excellent guide dogs and working dogs. Making them the most popular dog breed in the USA. These dogs are intelligent, gentle and a great addition to a family.
Who is smarter dog or cat
As mentioned before, dogs are proven smarter than cats. But, now you might be wondering why we are saying that. And, how can you see that dogs are smarter than cats?
First of all, did you ever see a working cat as a guide cat or as a police cat? No, because they can’t really learn tricks like dogs do. Dogs are able to do all kind of work because they are smart.
Yes, cats know how to use their litter box, and they know how to kill mice and other small animals. But, this is their nature, not something that is proven them to be smart. The only thing that makes the cat a bit intelligent, is because they want to keep themselves clean. This is the reason why they are using the litter box. Not because they are smart.
Dogs. When you are thinking about dogs, you are thinking about all the different things that they can do. There are police dogs, farm dogs, guide dogs and rescue dogs. There are even dogs that are being used for the rehabilitation of children. And, you will not find a more loyal friend than a dog. They are all these things because they are smart, not because this is in their nature.
How to make your dog smarter
There are ways how you can make your dog smarter. Even, if you have one of the top 5 smartest dog breeds. With doing a couple of things, you will make sure that your dog is smarter than other dogs of the same breed. These are a couple of things that you can do to ensure that your dog is smarter than other dogs.
• Training every day. The more you are training your dog, the smarter he will get.
• Training as young as possible. There are many people that are saying that a dog can only be taught when they are 6 months old. This isn’t the truth. You can start training a puppy the moment that he arrives home. Normally at 8 weeks old.
• Challenge them every day with something new. They are always willing and able to learn new tricks. Especially, the dog that is getting rewarded for being smart.
What’s the smartest dog breed in the world/earth
You know now about the top 5 smartest dog breeds. However, now you might be wondering in the whole world, which dog is known as the smartest among the smartest. A dog breed that you can find in any country.
The Border Collie. The smartest dog breed in the world. They are extremely intelligent and full of energy.
A combination that makes them really easy to train. However, because of their intelligence and high energy levels, they can wreck a home in no time. Especially, if they don’t get exercise that will drain their energy a bit.
This is why they might be the smartest dog breed in the world, but they aren’t the most popular. You need to have the same type of energy to be able to handle the dog. And, you need to have space where they can run and get rid of their energy.
Can a dog be smarter than a human?
Dog smarter than a human? Not likely. Or, this is what you might think. Dogs can be smarter than humans, but not in the way that you are thinking. There are things that dogs can do, that humans are struggling with.
For starters. Dogs don’t hold grudges. They forgive faster than you ever will. And, they love unconditionally.
It doesn’t matter if you have a rough day, or if you are not giving attention to them. They will still love you. The other thing that they are doing, is that they don’t worry about how they look. You can let them play so that they can be filthy, or you can send them to the best doggy parlor you can find. It doesn’t matter to them.
As long as you love them, this is all that they want.
They might not be able to make sums, be able to prepare food, but they are smarter in how they are living their lives. They are enjoying every moment and make the best of each and every day. Children are normally saying that if they are growing up, they want to become a dog. We always laugh, but there is a good reason why they are saying that. Because dogs know how to live, and we are always just full of stress and anxiety.
Smart dogs. Something that we normally are looking for when we adopt a dog from a shelter.
But, if you don’t have all the information about smart dogs, and what breed you should consider, you might end up with a dog that is lazy and that isn’t the smartest dog on the planet. Dogs are smarter than cats, and in some cases even smarter than humans, and this is why we love them so dearly. With this guide, you will not only learn more about smart dogs, but you will also learn how to make your dog smarter.